A Constructive Approach
Messianci Judaism is a contemporay movement that integrates faith in Jesus as Israel´s Messiah with Jewish belief and practive. As such it challenges the neat division between Christianity and Judaism.
Richard Harvey, himself a Messianic Jew, maps the diverse theological terrain of this young movement. He makes an original and innovative contribution by clarifying, affirming and constructively critiquing the present state of its theology. The book examines five topics of theological concern:
– God´s nature, activity and attributes (can the one God of Israel and the Christian trinity be the same?)
– The Messiah (Messianic Jewish Christologies)
– Torah in the theory (the meaning and interpretation of the Torah in the light of Jesus)
– Torah in practice (Messianic practice of Sabbath, food laws and Passover)
– Eschatology (the diverse models employed within the movement to describe the future of Israel)